WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- When you use our website to view or buy products.
- When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint or respond to a message that we send to you
- When you agree to go on our mailing list
- When you contribute content about yourself to our website, whether by direct upload, posting such content to one of our social media pages or by using a hashtag or other identifier that we use to integrate social media content with our website
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
The sort of information we collect depends on what you need us to do for you, or how much information we need to identify who you are and resolve your query. This may include:
- Your name and address so we can make sure an online order reaches you.
- Your emails address so we can set up an online account for you, send you important information relating to your order and send you marketing emails if you ask us.
- Your card details so we can take payment or make a refund.
- Your telephone number so we can contact you if there is a problem with delivery.
- Your IP address so we can, where you have consented, use appropriate cookies to enhance your visits to our website
- Your name, contact details and card details upon purchase of a product online to validate this information against third party databases for purposes of fraud prevention.
- Your image and any personal information that you include in content that you contribute to the website (such as comments, photos and videos) as well as the name of the social media account from which you contribute that information. We use this information to display your content on the website and on our social media pages and to contact you about using your content other than on the website. We may from time to time, include this information in our adverts and other marketing campaigns but will obtain your consent before doing so. In addition we might use the personal information you provide for our internal purposes, for example, website administration, analysis, reporting and compliance purposes or to improve merchandise selections, enhance customer service or invite you to get involved in customer research.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical security safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on our website, in our stores and through other means. However, we cannot guaranty the effectiveness of these safeguards, and nothing in this notice shall be construed as an express or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
HOW TO GET ON AND OFF MAILING LIST?
When you shop in our stores, interact with us online, receive an email or text message from us, place an order you will get the opportunity to subscribe to our mailing list. You may receive such information in person, online, by email or by text message. To subscribe, simply follow the instructions provided.
If you no longer wish to receive our emails there are several ways you can unsubscribe:
Click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every Veermode marketing communication you receive and follow the instructions provided.
Contact Us and we will remove you from our list.
DO YOU SHARE INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose any personal information about our customers, visitors to our website or those applying for a job except as described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or as otherwise agreed with you. We do use third parties to perform some services on our behalf and in such cases; they may have limited access to certain personal information. In such cases, they may only use personal information strictly as instructed and never for their own purposes.
We may share the information you provide to Veermode with our joint marketing partners. This means that the information you provide us may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used, and those countries may have a different data protection regime than the country in which you reside. By providing us with any personal information, you consent to such transfer, processing and storage of your personal information.
In addition we may disclose information:
If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement agencies;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual illegal activity; or
- To selected third parties for the purpose of prevention and detection of criminal activity (including, without limitation, fraud); or
- If Veermode merges, sells or disposes of any part of its business or assets, which includes customer information.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your web-enabled device (such a computer, mobile phone, tablet etc.) when you visit a website.
WHY ARE THEY USED?
They are used by websites in various ways to personalise and enhance your website experience. For example, they may be used to recognise you when you return to a website remember your preferences, monitor your use of websites in an anonymised manner so as to improve the website’s efficiency and user-friendliness or to provide you with personalised suggestions.
- track users as they navigate the website
- improve the website’s usability
- analyse the use of the website
- administer the website
- prevent fraud
- improve the security of the website
- personalise the website for our users